You know the commercial. Nice looking man in a white suit saying It's Chicken Thursday!
Well, I don't usually keep to a schedule like that but we are having Turkey breast tonight.
Occassionally I pick up Turkey filets at the grocery store when they're reasonably priced and either cook them that night or put them in the freezer.
This morning after getting rid of two bodies (one to work, one to school, not iced or anything like that!)
I took out the turkey from the freezer.
I'm going to need to do a fairly large grocery shopping trip in the near future as we have no carrots and I didn't get a garden planted this year, so we will use the broccoli I have in the crisper drawer and I'll cook some lovely wild rice medly that I bought at Costco last time I was there. A very simple and basic dinner, jazzed up with a dessert. I think I'll make rice pudding with fruit, it goes well in a lunch the next day and it is Friday, tomorrow.
We're going to have to make more of an effort to be dairy free for the lactose intolerant child so I will be making the pudding with coconut milk. The dad doesn't care for the flavor of coconut so I'll have to add lots of vanilla.
The braised celery was a hit, surprise! I'm glad.
Talk tossed around after the meal was that someone is going to purchase Julia Child's cookbook and we will work our way through it (a la Julie and Julia ~ that was such a cute movie and Meryl Streep was perfect as Julia!!) however, we will have to convert to gfdf. I hate the idea of baking however . . . and this from a baker.
Yes, I have been baking for over 25 years and make a mean loaf of bread but changing stripes mid stride . . . I'm not yet ready to plunge into all the intricacies of Gluten free flours. I make do with a quick mix from Pamela's or Arrowhead Mills for pancakes and dredging and beyond that well... I'm not there yet.
Give me a year and maybe.
I'm learning so much about this whole gluten free thing, and I'm also doing some fermented foods and kefir so enough is rolling around in my brain right now.
I need to make some yogurt today and make up my shopping list so I will remember all the items I need instead of forgetting half . . . Are you organized when you go shopping?
Naturally, Gluten Free
No comments:
Post a Comment