Tuesday, November 16, 2010

ticked

Oh for the love of pete.  Had an awesome fantastic time helping girlies try on prom dresses and taking pictures in them so they can choose.  My daughter is so grown up looking in some of those gowns... She thinks I'm pushing her out the door. Well, not so much.  I want to give her driving lessons for Christmas but her dad wants her to demonstrate way more responsibility like say doing her chores?  Especially since she wants her friends to come for dinner tomorrow night (her birthday) and my house is a mess. 
I came down with a serious flubug that still has me really iffy on eating and the headache won't let go. Oh and my feet?  Ice cubes that just won't warm up despite the fireplace and wool socks.   Dontcha love it.

I'm supposed to go to the specialist for heart tests on Thursday... um I think I should cancel.  I'll call her later.

Food? They've been fending for themselves but I have found out that, not only am I the only person in this house capable of cleaning toilets, I am the only one who will actually cook vegetable to go with a meal.

This has to change.  I had some gorgeous brocolli and cauliflower from a local farm that was a little wilty because they were 'saving ' it.  Yes. 
I cooked all of it up this afternoon, steamed it in a pot and plunged it into cold water.  Took half of it to serve the two at home, in a bowl with some flax seed oil and salt.  Lunch.  There you go.
Mean? No.  Use what you have.  Gluten free? Yes. 

About that... we are going back to the gluten free way of things as soon as we have finished the challenge.  My love thinks that this isn't the flu at all, but a gluten reaction.  This from a guy who a few months ago didn't believe anyone could get sick from bread. 

I'll be off and on while we try to get through this next month or so.  In the meantime, eat well, love and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment