Monday, November 1, 2010

I like real food

I prefer my food to come without bar codes and labels.  I really do.  It annoys me when I go to the grocery store and see real food that has been adulterated to suit our fast paced lives.

Yesterday, I found apple slices, bagged up and boxed like candy.  Can you believe it?  Can't we just eat an apple, out of hand, these days?

Touring the grocery stores, I was looking at where the produce is coming from.  I have no problem with food grown in other countries, I just would like to see some locally grown produce in my local grocers.  Of the hundreds of items in that department, two were from my province, let alone my local growing area.

I am concerned about where my veggies are going to come from when the local winter market packs it in.  I absolutely have been supporting our local farmers this year, beyond meat and eggs.

I am more determined now than ever to have someone (husband) build a couple of raised beds for me.   It blows my mind how many people don't even question where their food is grown.

I have the 'garbage in, garbage out' principle going on.  I can prove it with how I feel when I accidentally get glutened or eat junk food.  I can prove it from how my children behave when they have junk.

The food we eat is so important.  It fuels our bodies.  If the quality of the food is not there, how are we to function at our best?

No comments:

Post a Comment