Thursday, October 14, 2010

Grateful

When I married my husband, his father had only been out of the hospital for a month.  Then he was back in.
He had a stroke when we met and was in a coma for seven weeks. Add to that a doctor telling me I had to have a partial mastectomy because the test came back atypical.  To say my marriage was born in difficult circumstances.... 
My husband and I celebrate 10 years of marriage this winter.  And my father in law, who just had cancer surgery in August, was just here for thanksgiving dinner. 
My eldest child had serious behavioural and learning issues.  Now she is a bright and engaging girl in high school who is competent enough to do the grocery shopping for the Foods 12 class.  She is in Grade 11 and is teachers aide for the class.  Not only this but for a child who went to summer school many times, had remedial reading classes, was tutored for three years in math and still managed to be several grades behind, she is now only one grade behind where she started, and gets A's across the board.
I am Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment